When you’ve decided to shift from your current apartment to a new house, you must be concerned about moving and packing. But wait, do you remember the cleaning chores? Well, don’t turn your hair grey over the cleaning woes, as we are here to provide you with a step-by-step guide on tidying up the messy parts of your abode. Read on the wealth of information:
Common Checklist for Move out Cleaning
- Tidy up the outlets and light switches.
- Dust off the ceiling and ceiling fixtures.
- Remove all the cobwebs.
- Perform vacuum cleaning of the carpets or remove the stains if any.
- Clean the doors, windows, and doorknobs.
- Clean the walls and baseboards and dust off the ledges.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Make sure you do the following when cleaning the kitchen:
- Don’t forget to clean the sinks and fixtures
- Also include countertops, stop top, and backsplash
- Drawers and cabinets, both inside out
- The external side of huge appliances, and the inside of oven, refrigerator, and microwave·
- Interior glass, baseboards, ledges, and blinds
Follow these easy methods during clean up:
- Move the fridge and stove as you clean them around.
- Dust off all the surfaces.
- Wash the cabinets externally and clean out the internal side.
- Ensure disinfecting the countertops.
- Remove all the grease and start polishing the sinks and faucets.
- Scrub off the refrigerator. It is easy to remove the shelves first and then clean them separately.
- Make use of a steel tool when cleaning the oven. It is easier if you remove and separately clean the burners, drip pans, and shelving.
- Dust and clean the exhaust fan. You can use a vacuum cleaner if required.
- Clean up your dishwasher.
- Remove the appliances first, so it is easier to sweep the area behind them.
Common Bedroom and Living Areas Cleaning Checklist
For these areas, make sure you do the following:
- Dust off the cobwebs.
- Dust off the light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Dust the air vents.
- Clean the blinds, interior glass, and mirrors.
- Wipe off the outlet covers and light switches.
- Clean the baseboards, doors, and door frames.
- Dust and clean the moulding and trim work.
- Vacuum the rugs and carpets.
- Sweep and mop the floors.
Porch Cleaning Checklist(outside of the house)
- Mowing the grass in the lawn, backyard, or front yard.
- Remove any weeds or any other obstruction lying around in the ground.
- If there are trees, eliminate any obstructions.
- Scrub off the porch stairs.
Apartment/Home Cleaning for Bathroom
After covering the basics, it’s time to sweep and mop the apartment and every corner of your home. Here’s how to do it:
- Don’t forget to clean the showers and bathtubs
- Tack up the countertops, Toilets, sinks, and fixtures
- Remember to clean the interior glass, Mirrors, blinds, ledges, and baseboards
- Clean up the cabinets and drawers internally and externally
Follow the given steps to leave your space as sparkling as a mirror:
- Clean the exhaust fan with a vacuum cleaner to remove dust.
- Remove traces of dust, hair, and other particles off the bathroom cabinets, drawers, and vanity.
- Wipeout all the mirrors and glass surfaces.
- If the toilet seat is too filthy to clean, it would be best to replace it.
- Remove soap scum from the shower, tub, and bathroom tiles, and then brush and bleach the grout.
- Clean the hard surface floors, then vacuum the rugs and carpets.
GARAGE CLEAN UP
For the garage, just remove all the valuables and leave them completely empty. Dust the corners and sweep every area of the garage.
Don’t leave any iota of traces behind
Ensure bringing all your belongings. Check once again every corner of the house, storage areas, drawers, and cabinets. Simply following this home and apartment checklist will save you lots of hard-earned deposit money. We hope you find this blog insightful and helpful. A spick-and-span place is admired by everyone. Leave the place spotless and without any leftovers.